“How we take your project from Concept to Completion”
There are essentially three stages to delivering the product that you’ve entrusted us to create for you.
Phase One: Our Active Listening Stage
Initial meeting to learn about the Client’s needs in person, or via email. We will look to gain an overview of the Client’s business, as well as the specifics for the project that we’ll bid on, including what’s budgeted for this project and its deadline. Along with extending a keen interest into learning all of the particulars about the project, we’ll also seek to review any existing printed and online materials that will be beneficial in helping us to create a product that is in concert with the Client’s branding. We will use the notes gained during this phase to generate some initial thoughts for a creative path toward our goal. In addition to this, the bid for the completion of this project will follow this orientation via email from us within 24 hours. Fees are based on one of two philosophies:
An Hourly Rate, or a Flat Rate.
- Inkster Graphics uses hourly rates for those projects where the visual outcome has been previously established by Inkster, or another company. These types of projects require no design work, but are production based in nature; such as online, or print updates, signage, logo editing, oil pastel portraiture, etc.
- Flat Rates are employed for those projects that are creativity driven. While we could price a logo, for example, using an hourly rate, it might take us anywhere from 2-20 hours to mint the type of icon that thoroughly signifies your identity. Based upon the fact that we charge $85/hour, the high end of this 20-hour estimate would total $1,700.00. So because we feel that this philosophy would be unfair to you, we lean on fixed rates for specific categories of design based projects.
– Should you accept our bid for your project, we will require the first of three payments to initiate the conceptual phase of this work.
Phase Two: The Conceptuals
If the design fee meets with the Client’s budget, I will provide the Client with a calendar date that he/she can expect to receive the first versions of the design. At this time, 30% of the design fee will be due to Inkster prior to commencing with the Project. Payment can be rendered to us via credit card, PayPal, Venmo, in cash, or in the form of a check.
From this point, we will begin the process of creating three proofs, or options for the Client’s review in person, or email, by the agreed upon calendar date. Inkster will attempt to ensure that the comprehensive designs, or drawings, be rendered at actual size. But that failing, I will deliver a proportionally-accurate re-sized version when necessary. In addition to the size, the quality of each of the three designs may not be as polished as the eventual final version of any of the three directions offered. They will however provide a clear representation of each of the options’ potentials. Once the Client has selected the option that provides the direction that meets with his/her needs, and thoroughly examines it for spelling errors, item placement and the like, that version is corrected based upon all of the Client’s instructions. We will ensure that our turn-around on changes/edits takes place as quickly as possible to ensure that we keep in-step with the deadline for this assignment. The end result will be a polished mock-up of design (at actual size when possible), for final review. Any Client-requested changes at this stage may result in additional fees* and or missing initially-agreed deadline.
– The second 30% of the fee will be due at this time.
NOTE: After the option that the Client selected is edited to his/her satisfaction, if the Client finds that they would like to change more than 50% of the look of the design, this will trigger an additional mark-up to the design fee in the amount of a $85 hourly rate. This rate will be added to the agreed upon design fee.
Phase Three: The Home Stretch
A final version of the design is generated for the Client’s review, based upon the edits/revision requests that I received during the latter part of Phase Two. Once approval is received, Inkster will provide the Client with the work in the state that it was created in; be it electronic (graphic design files), or hard copy (caricatures, oil pastel portraiture, illustration, etc). Along with this, we will provide the Client with the assurance that if there are any issues that arise with printing any design that we create, we would like to have the Client point the printing facility in our direction. Because we stand behind our work, we want to make sure that we personally address any unexpected problems that may surface during the printing phase of our company-generated design in effort to absolve the Client of such concerns.
– The balance for the project is due at this time.